6.29.2010

And away we go...

If I had a bottle of champagne and this blog were a boat, I'd be smashing said bottle against the bow to send it off on it's maiden voyage. Alas, there is no boat and I have no champagne which is fitting... since if I had a boat I most certainly would be sailing the big blue sea as opposed to typing this blog entry.


In the world of the interwebs, blogs seem to have made their way into the mainstream. Everyone has one even if they have nothing to say. Well, I hope to have something to say. This blog will serve as a conduit to share my creative works (and random thoughts) with the world. I hope you visit frequently and more importantly, I hope you enjoy the works you'll find herein. Graphic Design is a passion of mine. I feel as if it's something I was meant to do and I hope that comes across in the thoughts and creations I'll be sharing with you.


'Nuff jibba jabba. I s'pose I should just get to it and start this thing of right with some of my new work to showcase, eh? 


What you're looking at here is a Save the Date postcard for the Governor's Conference on Housing and Community Development.


Every year this event takes place at the Atlantic City Convention Center and brings with it over 2,000 housing professionals from around the state. Offered are dozens of classes and sessions, a trade show which features over 100 vendors and an open forum for people to speak their minds on the state of affordable housing in the state of New Jersey. 


With each new year the event requires an entirely new brand. There are literally dozens and dozens of pieces to this event and this postcard is one of the first to be developed every year. There is also a new website (which I designed as well), new logo, banners, posters, program book, direct mail pieces and numerous other deliverables. It's a huge undertaking every year but the finished product makes all of the headaches 100% worth it. There's something to be said for working your tail off for several months on the same project and then seeing everything come together in the end for thousands of people to take in and hopefully enjoy.


POSTCARD SPECS:
---------------------------------------------
Software: Adobe Illustrator CS4
Fonts: Futura Bold, Futura Condensed Bold, Futura Condensed Light
Size: 5" x 8"
Quantity: 7,000
Ink Colors: Six color (4cp, Pantone 280, Pantone 268)
Paper Stock: StoraEnso Productolith Matte 100 lb cover (30% recycled stock)
Coating: Full Aqueous coating on both sides

1 comment:

  1. Tramadol is a unique compound with both a moderate mu-opioid effect (when compared to classic opioids) and a moderate monoaminergic effect (when compared to tricyclic antidepressants). Tramadol has a more acceptable side-effect profile in comparison with tricyclic antidepressants and antiepileptics.

    ReplyDelete