7.26.2010

The Bentley Avenue yard sale: A documentation of stuff

Call me ridiculous (actually, please don't) but I love yard sales. I am totally and completely enamored with other people's junk. I fully subscribe to the theory that one man's trash is another man's treasure. I'd rummage through people's drawers and cabinets all day if they let me. As long as our schedule permits, my wife and I will visit Columbus Farmers Market or Golden Nugget Antique Market as often as we can. So yeah, other people's junk = good times.

A few short weeks ago, my wife and I, along with some neighbors got together for what has become an annual summer block sale. It's generally 4 - 6 families that all live next to one another. I create some signs for the busy street we live off of to drive traffic down our road and we usually place an ad in the local paper, utilize Craigslist and pray for favorable weather. This year it was incredibly warm. We're talking 90ยบ+ by roughly 9am. In an effort to beat the heat and make the best of an otherwise very warm morning, I decided to break out a large iced coffee, the trusty Hipstamatic iPhone app on my new iPhone 4 and a little creativity to document this annual event.

Below are a handful of images that were taken that day. If you'd like to view the entire album, head on over to The Rockhopper Creative Facebook Fan Page for the entire gallery.

And awaaaaay we go...

Beanie Babies. Collectible or terrifying? You decide.

Apparently, people LOVE costume jewelry

Aristocats and Guinness. Two great things that go great together.

A jacket hanging on our lamp post. This one actually creeps me out a bit.

A Beanie Babies life is one filled with solitude. Especially when no one buys you and you go back into the box.

"Someday a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets..." vs "I'll have pancakes in the Age of Enlightenment..."


If you'd like to view the entire album, head on over to The Rockhopper Creative Facebook Fan Page for the entire gallery.


1 comment:

  1. I too love yardsales. If we have anywhere to go on a Saturday, we stop at any who's signs are on the way. We've also held our own sales both this year and last. Made over $300 at both! Can't beat that. Another $300 to put towards buying other peoples' crap!

    ReplyDelete